Prescott Police: Coroner called to apartment
These incidents were reported to the Prescott Police Department Dec. 18-24.
• Brian S. Clymer, Amery, was cited for an abandoned vehicle left at the fir hall at 6:24 a.m. Dec. 18. The vehicle had been there since Friday, according to firefighters. It was cited and removed.
• Sean D. Borash, Brainerd, Minn., was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 6:28 a.m. Dec. 18 at Highway 35 and 570th Avenue.
• Jeffrey C. Bennett, River Falls, was cited for a seatbelt violation after a traffic stop at 1:23 p.m. Dec. 19 at Dakota and Walnut streets. A passenger was arrested on a warrant.
• David L. Dean, 65, Orem, Utah, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 2:22 p.m. Dec. 22 at Jefferson and Monroe streets.
• Kurtis A. Anderson, 36, Prescott, was cited for failure to wear a seat belt at 3:59 p.m. Dec. 22 at 1120 Highway 10.
• Thomas M. Pagnotta, 22, Waterford, N.D., was cited for no insurance after a traffic stop for speeding at 4:26 p.m .Dec. 22 at Canton Street and Highway 10.
• Brittany S. Miller, 26, Hudson, was cited for operate without a driver's license on person, no proof of insurance and received a warning for a defective headlamp after a traffic stop at 5:12 p.m. Dec. 22 at Hilton Street and Highway 10.
• Nathaniel P. Dunsmore, 20, St. Paul, was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 7:40 p.m. Dec. 22 at Hilton Street and Highway 10.
• Tanner Z. Diercks, 25, Richfield, Minn., was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 10:39 p.m. Dec. 22 at Jefferson and Monroe streets.
• Brian D. Mathison, 38, Lakeville, Minn., was cited for speeding after a traffic stop at 9:59 a.m. Dec. 23 at Highway 10 and Eagle Ridge Drive.
• Michael J. Mingo, 66, Hastings, Minn., was cited for failure to fasten seat belt after a traffic stop at 2:21 p.m. Dec. 23 at Jefferson and Monroe streets.
• Lynn M. Gunderson, 62, Hastings, Minn., was cited for failure to fasten seat belt after a traffic stop at 2:50 p.m. Dec. 23 at Cherry Street and Highway 10.
• Terry M. Eeten, 50, Plum City, was cited for unlawful mid-block Y/U turn after a traffic stop at 3:11 p.m. Dec. 23 at Canton Street and Highway 10.
Police were called at 7:06 a.m. Dec. 18 to 537 Oak St. for reports of a bullet hole in a residence. A search warrant was served on the residence across the street and weapons were taken for safekeeping.
A white vehicle, possibly a Jeep Cherokee, pulled out in front of a vehicle at 7:35 p.m. Dec. 18 at Pearl Street and Highway 10. The vehicle struck two trees; police felt it would not be driveable for long and sent an alert out to all counties to watch for it. No injuries were reported.
• Police investigated a theft report at 6:25 p.m. Dec. 19 at Ptacek's IGA. The investigation is pending.
• Police attempted to contact a suspect in a theft by phone at 3 p.m. Dec. 20. The theft allegedly occurred at 236 Broadway St. The suspect has valid warrants and his probation officer was contacted.
Dead person found
Police responded to a welfare check at 7:24 p.m. Dec. 23 at 740 Shane Park Circle, where family and neighbors had not heard from a tenant in over a week. Police opened the door with a landlord key and found the deceased individual on the floor by the entryway door. EMS and the coroner were called.
Police were called by a concerned neighbor at 11:54 p.m. Dec. 23 from a residence in the 1200 block of Henry Street. The neighbor said she had spoken with her neighbor at 5:30 p.m. When she knocked on her door at 7:30 p.m. there was no answer, but the television could be heard. No phone contact was made either. An officer knocked on the door at midnight with no response. Nothing to report at this time.